Location: Vancouver, Toronto, or Montreal
Job type: Full-time
GoldSpot Discoveries Corp. is looking for someone to help advance a variety of mineral exploration projects. The successful candidate will be responsible to assist with the design, setup and maintenance of data collection and management systems and to participate in data compilations and field projects of various scale and scope.
The position will focus on ensuring the standardized collection of geology data from a variety of sources including drill holes, surface mapping, geochemical and geophysical surveys, and portable analytical devices. Other duties will include contributing to the ongoing development of our systems; providing technical support to the exploration team; and to a lesser extent participate in other aspects of the exploration process including geological duties in the office and field.
- Develop and maintain field and office data collection systems and networks
- Administer PostgreSQL server instances
- Contribute to the overall improvement of data collection and management systems
- Download and import data from various portable data collection and analytical devices
- Troubleshoot various issues with computers, networks and field equipment
- Compile, standardize, and QAQC historical mining and mineral exploration datasets for integration into database
- Produce various digital deliverables including maps, sections, strip logs, graphs and tables
- Collaborate with team members to produce specialized data outputs
- Provide ongoing technical support to field crew and office personnel
- Setup and maintain various services and support tools, primarily on AWS, but also other cloud providers
- Diploma or degree in database administration, information technology, computer science or a related field
- Experience in database development and administration
- Problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of database administration and design standards
- Proficiency with some or all of: PostgreSQL, SQL, Java, Python, Access-VBA, ArcGIS, QGis
- Experience with geospatial databases, analyses and visualizations
- Experience producing cartographic products and presentation material
- Experience working in the resource sector preferred
- Experience and knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) is essential
GoldSpot Discoveries is a technology and investment company that leverages machine learning to reduce capital risk while working to increase efficiency and success rates in resource exploration and investment. Goldspot combines proprietary technology with traditional domain expertise, offering a front-to-back service solution to its partners, and in some cases, capital to finance exploration programs. Goldspot’s solutions target big data problems, making full use of historically unutilized data to better comprehend resource property potential.
Applications will only be considered from those eligible to work in Canada.
If interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org